Here are some tips to help ease the stress of making decisions regarding Medicare options.
When we have questions about Medicare we call the State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) office. Every State has a SHIP office, staffed by some incredibly knowledgeable and helpful volunteers.
Help for yourself or your loved ones
- Considering making coverage changes during Medicare’s Annual Election Period (Open Enrollment)?
- Contact your SHIP for one-on-one assistance with reviewing health or prescription drug plan options.
- Worried about the out-of-pocket costs associated with Medicare?
- Contact your SHIP to find out about assistance programs you or your loved one might be eligible for.
- Unsure about Medicare’s eligibility criteria?
- SHIPs can help you understand the guidelines.
- Wondering what Medicare does and doesn’t cover?
- Medicare can be complicated. Contact your SHIP for answers.
- Confused about who pays first, Medicare or another insurance?
- SHIPs can explain how Medicare works with supplemental policies, retiree coverage, Medicaid, and other insurers.
- Uncertain of yours or your loved one’s rights, under Medicare?
- Contact your SHIP for assistance.
- Can’t find your SHIP?
- Use the SHIP Locator or call 1-877-839-2675.
Ms. Jenn Landers | Patient Advocate Alliance LLC Edited by Dr. Justin Groode
Take a look at our Covid-Page for a volume of fact-checked authoritative information about Covid-19.
Have a peak at our ultra-thin, water-resistant, and durable Wallet-Medication-Cards.